A simple project that birthed not long after I finished my macropad. With the amount of zoom meetings I've been having along with my MacBook just sits on a desk, clamshell mode, behind the screen, it'll make it easier if I can just plug my headphone directly into the desk without needing to reach around and what not.
This is a quick and simple project but you need to solder tiny wires. Here are the things you need:
- TRRS cable, it can be extension cable, but you'll need to figure out how to mount it.
- TRRS female connector, plate mounted if you want to use my STL
- Mounting plate STL
- Heat shrink tube to cover the soldering job
As you can see in the video, I made note of which pin correlates to which wire. I believe this should be universal, but feel free reconfirm this on your own.
- Tips -- 2 -- blue
- Ring -- 3 -- green
- Ring -- 4 -- red
- Sleeve -- 1 -- gold
Next all you need to do is:
- Solder the wires
- Cover it with heat shrink tube
- Mount the plate on to desk
- Mount the connector on the plate
- Plug everything
Done and done.